Regarding the young earth creationists' claim that "God Just Made the World LOOK Old"...

Regarding the discussion about "God just made it look so" - of course it is POSSIBLE that, 5,786 years ago (going with the Jewish tradition) that yahoweh dude had sat in front of his computer and, with his new favourite game "Worlds Creation: Be a God to Sims" created the World as it is.

It is also POSSIBLE that was just created a millisecond ago, while writing this comment, and absolutely everything I think I remember, from my earliest memories as a two-year-old infant in the Seventies all the way to the Pasta I just ate a few minutes ago, are fictional details, put into my memory while, in fact, I am just a resident of SimCity, a hologram on a Holodeck Program aboard the USS Voyager, or a character in a Fantasy Story, written by an Ork who lives upon a DiskWorld, as a roommate to a Dragon, an Elf and a Tooth-Fairy.

It is all POSSIBLE.

Can we prove any of it?

No.

Can we disprove any of it?

Also no.

So, it is not Science, but merely a Thought Experiment - a very cool one, I Love it, but it is not Scientific.

Same goes for the YEC's assumption of "but maybe God had just made it look old" = sure it is POSSIBLE, it just has got absolutely nothing to do with actual Scientific fact... 😃

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Most Favourite Places

Smaller, More Personal, than an Official Ĥotel

What IS "Europe"? 😃