The Nastiest Lie of All: "I Was Busy"

And no, I am not talking about a situation when someone does not return your calls for a day or two, due to an unusual work-load or something (although, if we're talking about a week, or more, then, for their own wellbeing, the person in question does need to reconsider their work-life ballance, and their priorities as a whole; workoholism is a terrible disease, at least as bad as alzheimer or terminal cancer).

No, what I am talking about is a situation when someone just fucking evaporates from your Life for months, even bloody years at a time, and then gibbers "yes, I was so busy"... Fuck the Hell Out of Here, were you too fucking busy for AN ENTIRE BLOODY YEAR to find ten fucking minutes for a phone-call??? In an entire bloody YEAR?!??

I'm not buying it, Tomalak!!

I once had such an uncle&aunt, who, for more than TWELVE YEARS(!!), had completely disappeared from my Life, constantly excusing themselves by "yes, we are so busy at the moment"...

Aside from one single phone call, they gad COMPLETELY IGNORED ME FOR MORE THAN TWELVE YEARS.

Then, in came covid, they were already old and in lockdown, so they were suddenly bored enough to recommunicate.

I should have completely ignored them by then. I really am sorry that I had then bothered to reply.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Most Favourite Places

Smaller, More Personal, than an Official Ĥotel

What IS "Europe"? 😃