A Very Good Vid: Why You're Still Stuck at Beginner Russian (5 Mistakes to Fix This Week) | Polina - Learn Russian Today
https://youtu.be/XuqXcC-o_yo?si=gp36AeiLV3ehpBZc
And My Comment:
Excellent points, indeed - the Slavic grammar (I'm saying Slavic, as it is equally bad in Czech, which I had attempted to learn during my Czech Era: Late 2017 - mid 2018) is mesdy, so messy, in fact, to the point of its being near impossible. Take other hard-to-learn and very complicated Languages, such as Sanskrit, or Hungarian - they have very detailed and clear rules, of which suffix goes for each case (8 in Sanskrit, 18[!!] in Hungarian), which case uses for what, and once you know these thousands of rules, you know how to build sentences in the Language!
But, when it comes to the Slavic grammar - it is such a mess!! All the cases appear to be stumbling upon each other and get mixed with one another, their suffixes are extremely chaotic, there's an entire host of tiny prepositions, which seem to pop in with no rules whatsoEVER, and I still(!) haven't truly mastered all that "perfect vs. imperfect verbs thingy.
Снйчас - personally, I have adopted a habit of writing Blog Posts in Russian and share them with my Russian-speaking Friends, who help me and encourage me to continue. This helps, as well as using what I know in speech, as often as possible, integrating as many Russian words as I can to my ordinary speech. However, it does take time - after years of studying, I have FINALLY made it to B1, I think; C2 shall come, I believe, only next decade...
Comments
Post a Comment